APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Update : Clip and timecode confusion - continued

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant Peacock
Update : Clip and timecode confusion - continued
on Jan 22, 2020 at 4:14:29 pm

After many hours spent wrangling this project, and 2 calls with Apple Enterprise Support, I have run out of ideas. But I have learned that I have a very fundamental problem here - camera clips are getting mangled during the importing process. Different segments of various camera clips are being merged into a single clip, but without any interruption to the time code (free run).

Because this has happened to both camera angles, separately, I suspect that something is wrong with FCPX. As we were wrapping up the 2nd support call, the staffer wished me good luck - no answers available after an extensive screen sharing session.

How in the world are portions of different clips being merged together, and imported as a single clip? My last ditch attempt at fixing this project was to scrub thru every imported clip, looking for each non-adjacent frame of video, generating subclips, and round-tripping them out and back into FCPX, appending them with clip names such as 'a', 'b'... etc. In several cases, one camera clip that had been imported originally, now had to be split into 6 subclips. After re-importing, and attempting a multicam clip based on audio sync only, I still have a scrambled mess. There may be no way to finish this edit, apart from generating a transcript of the entire shoot, and then manually editing according to dialogue. There's already about 20 hours spent at the desk trying to solve this.

I'm 24 hours out from my next 2-cam shoot with these same cameras, and I have no way of knowing if this will happen again. Confused, and exasperated!

Grant.

Grant Peacock
Washington DC
GPI TV LLC

ENG and Cine-style
Cameras and Crews

http://www.gpi.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]