APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Possible to copy favorites data from one clip to another?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Marler
Re: Possible to copy favorites data from one clip to another?
on Dec 11, 2019 at 2:51:19 pm

[Eric Santiago] "For me, its Synced clips after original were used in a lengthy fight scene. Basically, it was assembled with no audio and a different frame rate to boot."

To my knowledge there is no easy solution. I suggest (1) Using multicam clips not synced clips, which permits the timeline MC ranges to inherit changes made in the parent MC clip, and (2) Do not allow editors to use original "parent" single-cam clips.

One way to achieve that is whoever preps the data and makes the multicams, flag all constituent parent clips as rejected, and tell the editor to always run the browser in "hide rejected".

If that doesn't work, arrange a screen sharing session and let the editor sit in for an approx 4 hr non-stop session of frame-matching and clip replacement.

Another issue is changed frame rate. You cannot reliably change frame rate of an already-edited project without risking re-editing the entire timeline.

You can copy/paste the timeline to a new timeline with a different frame rate but due to per-clip rate conforming issues, gaps and overlaps may appear at clip boundaries. This requires meticulously going through the entire timeline and closely inspecting each edit, and likely adjusting some edit points.

This is more likely if the original clips have mixed frame rates, e.g, 23.98 and 29.97, and if a complex timeline with many connected clips. However the mere possibility means no matter what the timeline composition, it must be stringently inspected by someone with knowledge of the original intent of each edit point.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]