APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jon Baum
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Dec 9, 2019 at 8:00:14 pm

Mary - thanks for the additional info, which corroborates my Canon camcorder experience.

As I mentioned prior in this thread, there is a workaround for importing the Canon footage, but it requires that you are able to mount the SD card as a "drive" on your Mac Desktop. I use a Satechi Aluminum USB-C Multiport Pro adapter (available via apple.com store) which has an SD card reader slot. Taking the SD card from the Canon camcorder and inserting into the reader slot allows the "drive" to be mounted. Don't know why your Thunderbolt dock didn't mount your card.

But if you can mount the card, visit https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready and download the Trial version of EditReady. You can drag the mounted SD card icon "drive" onto the EditReady app window which then reads the camcorder contents and is able to auto join all the contained *.mts video files and then convert to a "wrapped" MOV file which when then is imported into Final Cut Pro will NOT display any of the glitches seen with a direct import from the Canon camcorder. This is of course an interim solution/workaround.

Let's hope that the Apple software engineers work out a permanent solution. Hope this helps you, Mary.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]