APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mary Van Develde
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Dec 9, 2019 at 7:29:41 pm

[Jon Baum] "Mary - what was your camcorder make/model of the footage that you imported into FCP and observed the video glitches? It appears that Canon may be singled out as a source of the issue, for now.
"

John,
My camera is a Canon XA10. I drilled down like you suggested and looked at the video in Quicktime and did not see the glitches there. I also looked at the video through my camera and I didn't see disturbances. I shot video with my GoPro and my iPhone for this project, but the only video disturbances I see are when I edit the video shot on my Canon.

I used to be able to import video from this camera by just putting the SD card in my Thunderbolt Dock, but now when I do that I do not see it anywhere on my MacBook Pro. I don't use Compressor.

I had some issues with importing to Final Cut right after I upgraded to Catalina in late October, but when I talked to Apple it looked like the issue might have been more related to my use of SD cards between cameras and not formatting them properly. This is really the first video I've imported and edited since then.

My background is more producing and writing. I'm doing more shooting and editing for personal projects now. I don't have a deep technical knowledge of Final Cut, so I really appreciate help from knowelable people like you.

Thank you.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]