APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jon Baum
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Dec 9, 2019 at 1:20:52 pm

"I'm so glad to have found this thread. I have noticed this problem in video I recently shot and realized it only began after I upgraded to Catalina. I'll contact Apple Final Cut to find out if they can offer help." - Mary Van Develde

Mary - what was your camcorder make/model of the footage that you imported into FCP and observed the video glitches? It appears that Canon may be singled out as a source of the issue, for now.

In further testing with the Apple Pro Apps advisor, I've found that both Final Cut Pro X and iMovie, under Catalina, exhibit the same behavior with my Canon footage. The glitches are observed when playing back imported footage in the app(s) and if the footage is exported from FCP/iMovie or after being sent to Compressor.

Interestingly, the imported camera footage which resides in the Final Cut Pro Library which can be seen by right-clicking on the libray and "Show Package Contents" and drilling down to the original meda, when played outside of FCP (e.g., using QuickTime Player), does NOT show any glitches. So, there's something about how FCP or iMovie use the video codecs to playback the footage. I suspect that both a FCP and Catalina update will be needed to fix this issue.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]