APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Ah! Trying to "share" a feature film & "operation couldn’t be completed." I want to hit a festival deadline today ;-((!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Marler
Re: Ah! Trying to "share" a feature film & "operation couldn’t be completed." I want to hit a festival deadline today ;-((!!
on Dec 1, 2019 at 11:16:20 am

[cybil lake] "I'm trying to export or 'share' a feature film - some footage is 4k some 1080. It's 80 minutes. "

First render the entire timeline to segregate the render phase vs the encode phase. Select all timeline clips with CMD+A then render with CTRL+R.

If that finishes OK, then export directly from FCPX using these options:

File>Share>Master File>Settings>Format>Computer, Video Codec: H.264 Faster Encode, Resolution: (your choice, probably 1080p).

This will produce a high-bit-rate H.264 file which is good quality (double Youtube's bitrate standards), yet which exports quickly. I cannot see any visual difference between "Faster Encode" and "Better Quality".

This will be playable on most systems whether Windows, Mac or dedicated hardware. Theoretically exporting ProRes is better but some older systems cannot handle that and the associated data rate. In general if you don't know the exact specs of the playback system, the above is a good choice. I always do a 720p export as well, since some venue playback systems are really old and clunky.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]