APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jon Baum
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Nov 20, 2019 at 4:01:19 pm

I have reported the digital anomolies issue with Apple Pro Apps support and have been working with an excellent Apple Creative Media Senior Advisor to gather pertinant information on FCPX, MacOS (Catalina) from my MBP laptop and also from a fresh Catalina install on an external drive partition. In all cases, direct import from my Canon Vixia HF G10 camcorder into FCPX (latest version) produces the "weird glitches" upon playback in FCPX or from exported (.m4v) video files.

The Apple rep will also try to observe the glitches from his test iMac with the camera archive file I have provided to him, as another example on a separate system. He suspects that the "non-standard" AVCHD codec from Canon might be at issue when Mojave was updated to Catalina ("something may have fallen through the cracks" in video codecs).

I am asking anyone reading this thread, who has upgraded to MacOS Catalina, to repeat those processes which led to the "weird glitches" in the past to see if this is also reoccuring for you, and please report back in this thread. Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]