APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Marler
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Oct 20, 2019 at 7:32:02 pm

[Jon Baum] "Same glitchy issues importing from my Canon Vixia HF G10 into Final Cut Pro v10.4.7 under MacOS 10.15 (Catalina). Workaround continues to be copying *.mts files to my MacBook Pro desktop from the camcorder's SD card and then using EditReady to join the .mts files and then rewrap into a single .MOV file which is then imported into FCP -"

I have some old HF G10 material and it seems to work OK on FCPX 10.4.7 on Mojave 10.14.6.

Normally the correct procedure for AVCHD is import from the AVCHD package which automatically re-wraps and copies the files into the library. You should not copy .mts files out of the package and import using leave files in place, which can cause performance problems.

Alternatively you can use EditReady to re-wrap the files in the AVCHD package and then import those using "leave files in place". This automatically includes all needed metadata and handles clip spanning.

If you still have problems when doing that, I can look at some test material if you put it on a share point.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]