APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Project in Use - What does this really mean?

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tangier Clarke
Re: Project in Use - What does this really mean?
on Aug 12, 2019 at 10:52:37 pm

Thanks Joe. This is one area of FCP X which I am still surprised there's no better handling of keeping libraries and events clean and trim with one iteration of a clip. However I recognize that the metadata for two clips may not be the same as well as the keywords.

I've been using EditReady for a long time for unique nomenclature (which includes the show, episode number, shoot number, card letter (we name ours), camera angle, clip name, and audio incremented number) of all principal photography clips before ingesting into FCP X. I am not a fan of using folders when I don't have to. I like to keep things in the filename to reduce abstraction. Folders can be renamed and moved, etc. Filenames seldom are at the Finder level at least. I used to use Renamer and also have used A Better Finder Renamer, but EditReady filled in the gap for rewrapping and handling the naming as well. Same with KYNO, but unfortunately I've had too many small issues with KYNO to use it fully yet even though it's feature rich.

Also, XML interchange isn't a great workflow if one uses custom (or not) generators with drop zones for media in their projects since XML doesn't support that media. That's too bad, because creating custom generators is a big time saver, but also prevents any reliable use of reconciling external drives with the final project to the master drive from which the media came from reliably. You have to do it all in FCP X by moving, margin, copying events, etc.

I am creating a set of questions and testing them slowly under various scenarios to get a better sense of what FCP X is doing in the background. I'd really like FCP X to have more robust copy/merge features with other options to keep what you want, get rid of what you don't need...in addition to drop zone XML support.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]