APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Project in Use - What does this really mean?

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tangier Clarke
Project in Use - What does this really mean?
on Aug 12, 2019 at 6:08:50 pm
Last Edited By Tangier Clarke on Aug 12, 2019 at 6:14:04 pm

Folks, I am archiving a very large episodic project spread between multiple drives(for other editors) and reconciling those events and files against the master drive and events from which the media came. Unfortunately to this day I have yet to solve the FCP X problem of duplicate clips and projects when dealing with moving or copying events via FCP X menu items or exporting/ importing XMLs.

Attempting to delete duplicate projects I keep getting the "Project in use" dialogue window on one project so I go to the other duplicate which I can delete. When I get this dialogue window the projects aren't loaded in the storyline window. How is FCP X differentiating between one that I can delete and one that I can't? Is there a way of seeing this ahead of time so I can isolate project and clips that are deletable; perhaps in a column status. The only difference I've noticed is that the duplicate projects are bound to separate events (episode 01 and episode 02 events) according to the inspector and in the same library, yet oddly these projects bound to another event are in the event (episode 2) from which I am trying to delete them. I don't have a "projects" smart keyword collection selected, but rather only the event instead. Something is amiss. The episode 01 projects should be in the episode 1 event.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]