APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Why Doesn't Compound Clip With Effects in One Project Still Have Effects When Placed in Another Project?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Julie Turner
Why Doesn't Compound Clip With Effects in One Project Still Have Effects When Placed in Another Project?
on Apr 12, 2019 at 8:56:57 am

I'm trying to figure out how to retain effects and transformations placed on a compound clip in one project when that compound clip is inserted into another project.

For example, in project A I have grouped a number of clips into a compound clip called C1. While in project A I've added to that compound clip (e.g. so it affects the entire compound clip) a color board effect and some transformation adjustments.

Then when I go into project B and insert compound clip C1 from my clip browser the newly inserted C1 does not have the effect or transformation adjustments I made when it was in project A.

Is there a way for the adjustments I make in one project to transfer over to another project? In reality, I have something like 200 compound clips along these lines—many w/ adjustments made in one project—that need to get inserted into and reassembled in another project ... and I don't want to lose all those adjustments!

Finally, is there anything else that doesn't transfer over I should be aware of? I also made some audio adjustments along the way.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]