APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Kind of noob, project now too sophisticated for me to understand!

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Shoe
Kind of noob, project now too sophisticated for me to understand!
on Apr 9, 2019 at 6:40:27 pm

I have dabbled in FCPX, mostly to put together trailers, and have a good sense of other digital tools, but we've taken on a new project that's more sophisticated - multicam footage, secondary audio, etc., and I'm feeling out of my depth.... We had another crew do the syncing and putting together multicam footage for us, but now I'm at a loss about how to work with some of this stuff.

So:

1. I'm confused about how to edit multicam footage - are there any good tutorials on this, tips?

2. for synced audio files, should I be generating new compound clips so I can lock the audio in place and edit it?

3. a lot of the footage was imported at different times, in different ways (with various external storage locations, etc...), and I'm confused about how to best gather it all in one place. So now I have a bunch of drives plugged in, and am getting lots of beachballs as I work, despite an older (iMac 27", 3.5ghz, iz, 24gb ram) but still pretty decent machine. Should I somehow move it all to one new clean drive and just retain the others as the original backups? Should I be working with some sort of optimized footage, or... ?

there will be more questions! thanks so much for helping me along with this!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]