APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Render Keeps Freezing at one point

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Marler
Re: Render Keeps Freezing at one point
on Dec 20, 2018 at 3:18:24 pm

I saw this behavior once. The behavior was that either rendering or exporting would halt at a certain timeline point. There was no apparent error -- it just quit. Zooming deeply into the timeline showed a few anomalous black frames at the halt point. I vaguely recollect those could not be deleted or after deleting them the halt still happened at the same timecode. I made a copy of the project and it still happened, and likewise after removing all effects. Deleting and re-adding the clip from the Event Browser didn't work. I had to re-import the clip under a different filename, match timecodes for the edited range, then copy/paste effects from the original clip.

I suppose I could have tried exporting the project XML and loading that in a test library, but I didn't do that.

That was about a year ago. I don't know the cause, but I had previously experienced numerous FCPX crashes when adding multiple color corrections with the scopes up. It's conceivable one of those damaged the library. The MacOS Core Data APIs and underlying SQLite database probably don't have perfect transactional integrity. Unfortunately there is no library database integrity checker like in LightRoom or other client/server databases. I haven't seen the problem since then.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]