APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Corporate vids: Should I use one library and one event for all footage/projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Smith
Corporate vids: Should I use one library and one event for all footage/projects?
on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:30:17 pm

Hi, I started using FCPX's Libraries as the main 'container' for each corporate video I'm producing for my company. Then I realized I have to duplicate footage into the next movies Library in order to use common clips.... so I started using one Library and creating a new event for each new video.... except now I'm realizing events seem to have the same restriction: In order to use an already-used clip from a previous event I have to copy the footage again into the new event within the same library. So much duplication of 4k footage is going to suck up my 4tb of storage space pretty quick.

In the situation where I'd be creating 40 or more 5 minute videos potentially sharing many clips, is the recommended approach to have one library, one event, and consider each video a project? Seems like I'll have to be a keyword organizing wizard in the scenario... but how else to get the job done without duplicating footage over and over?

Or, is my reluctance to duplicate footage across libraries/events just going to cause grief down the road trying to force FCPX into my way of thinking.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]