APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX imported files = no audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Smith
Re: FCPX imported files = no audio
on Oct 10, 2018 at 10:56:36 pm

Yes, you've got it.

I just bought ReclaimMe Data Recovery software in hopes something is salvageable from the SD card or the raid 1 Lacie. The path the data took was...

SD card > Lacie Rugged Raid 1 USB-C drive > Import (copy) to FCPX library

After moving the data from the SD to the Lacie drive and confirmed all was good (opened the files in quicktime), I deleted/formatted the cards and put them back in the camera.

Days later I imported (copy) from the Lacie to the FCPX library. I "saw" the footage in FCP (but did not listen) and deleted the footage from the Lacie. Bad move.

With all my proxy/optimized files generated, and with the 'originals' in the final cut library, I thought I was safe. It appears now the FCP library 'originals' aren't necessarily copies of the originals! At least thats what I think I'm seeing... unless I'm completely wrong about the actual original footage from the SD card having audio recorded. I think I would have noticed at some point long before getting to dropping clips into the timeline that everything was silent. I guess I'm blaming it potentially on the import process because that was the last thing that happened to the 'original' files from the Lacie.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]