APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why can't I move 2 clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Why can't I move 2 clips?
on Oct 7, 2018 at 8:54:33 am

[Bret Williams] "I was just going to add that the autosave benefits FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR outweigh any downsides."

I'd add an additional FAR to that. Since I can't remember when I let heard "DAMMIT!! It saved all my work before it crashed!" as opposed to "DAMMIT! I just lost HOURS of work due to a crash!" which you hear constantly. I recommend not trying to make software adapt to you (which is never going to happen to any major degree anyway), but rather simply adapt to the software. With snapshots and smart collections you not only have exactly what you need, but much much more beyond that that you will not find anywhere else. There is absolutely no need for folders (beyond the ones that already exist) if you're "holding it right". 😏

[Bret Williams] "it auto-backups every 15 minutes so you can always press undo for up to 15 minutes."

Both right and wrong. The backups are generated (roughly) every 15 minutes, then actually eventually consolidated into daily backups. But backups have nothing to do with your ability to UNDO. You can undo all the way back to the moment you last started FCP (with some exceptions). So if you haven't quit out of FCP in a week, then you can undo all the way to day one if you wanted.

[Bret Williams] "I think sometimes it has to do with the playhead/selection."

Yes, that's what it will be 9 out of 10 times. Zoomed into one section of the timeline using the skimmer, with the playhead somewhere else.

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]