APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Playing hundreds of clips at once in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brett Sherman
Re: Playing hundreds of clips at once in FCPX
on Oct 6, 2018 at 3:13:49 pm
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Oct 6, 2018 at 3:20:08 pm

I had this exact scenario. I managed to muddle through it. I don't think transcoding is going to get you very far. Because the cost of reducing decompression demands is increasing the disk throughput demand. Both are issues in this scenario. Resizing clips would help, but it would take a long, long time. And you'd be resizing sections of clips that you aren't using.

Here's what I did Compound groups of clips together. So line up 20 or 30 shots in your timeline. Select and right-click "Create Compound Clip." Open the compound clip you just created. Export a Quicktime Movie (ProRes). Drag that resulting file to the top of your Compound. Then disable every other clip in the compound. Repeat with the remaining clips. This way your main timeline it is only playing the one clip.

If you want to re-render with full resolution. Disable the outputted ProRes files at the top of the Compound. And enable the individual files.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]