APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Slow Motion From Stills

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Smith
Re: Slow Motion From Stills
on Jul 6, 2018 at 11:54:44 am

So back to the time line index ......

1) throw some stills in the time line they will probably be the default duration of 4 seconds or something like that.

2) in the time line index, select the first still, shift click the last still, which selects all your stills. In the time line you will se a white marquee around all your stills. Move your mouse pointer From where ever it is to the time line, the marquee around the clips will turn yellow.

3) control D, enter desired still duration- entering 1 will change the duration to one frame, 2 will make 2 frame duration etc. your clips are all changed to the desired duration.

If you are going to do make stills sequences into video sequences frequently I’d either advise you generate still sequences using Compressor or whatever Adobe App and then import that .mov into X and manipulate from there OR make the stills sequence inside X, and when you have all your stills in the time line with the desired duration, make that stills sequence into a compound clip. You will find what ever you want to do with that compound clip, speed ramping, grading, cropping, much easier than dealing with your base clip of hundreds of stills. I do a fair amount of time lapse created from digital stills and I’ve been down this road....

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]