APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Desperation Time- corrupt Library

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Cindy Hill
Desperation Time- corrupt Library
on Apr 19, 2018 at 8:56:37 pm

I am in dire straits. I just inherited an editing nightmare job and am doing my best to work around a major problem. The previous editor was working on an earlier version of FCP X (10.3) as well as an earlier version of OS. I flew down to Florida to work on the revisions for a few days with the director and then headed back home to North Carolina to do some finishing touches. When I got back here, I needed to update the Library as I am running new OS and new FCP. Unfortunately everything got buggy and the Library would not open nor would any of the backups. I am pulling may hair out trying to figure out what to do. The project was working on an earlier version of OS and FCP. Should I try to load that on to a laptop that I have? Is there any kind of way to restore the Library without a backup? Through Package Contents? It makes this grown woman want to weep. I am a Premiere/Avid editor so confess to being over my head when it comes to FCP X file management. I read as much as I could before taking the job but am still playing catch up. Help!
Oh, I am editing on a 27" iMac Pro (2017) with 64 GB RAM and a 3 GHz Intel Xeon W Processor.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]