APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX - How do you add Notes to a tagged range and not the entire clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Smith
Re: FCPX - How do you add Notes to a tagged range and not the entire clip?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 9:57:57 pm

Here’s how I ‘subclip’ inrterviews or any clip for that matter. Taking a cue from Bill Davis, I go thru my interview clips and for the particular bits I want, I place ‘in’ and out markers, then favorite (F key) the range. Please note if you want to keep all the ranges you have taped out in a clip visible, then after you select the first range, use the key combo cmd+shift I or O to add the second, third, fourth etc ranges. This way when you get around to actually picking bits to drop in the time line they are already defined as ranges and all you have to do is grab them and append, overwrite, insert edit what you already have defined. THe favorite field can be edited so it says something other than the ‘favorite’ placeholder text, or it could just be asterisks *. **. ***. ****Then I tab over to add notes to the notes field which could be a verbatim transcript or paraphrased transcript of the speaker’s words. Once this is done, then if you want to toss in some keywords for an additional layer of organization across interviews that you have sub clipped you can. So lets say you’ve interviewed 5 people about how being a teacher changed their lives. You sub clip as outlined above, then keyword their responses- for instance Most insightful moment as a teacher- . THis method gives you the subclipping inside of each clip PLUS a collection of responses from all interviewees about ‘most insightful moment as a teacher’.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]