APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX - appears to be imploding....?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

vidda roshinns
FCPX - appears to be imploding....?
on Mar 19, 2018 at 2:34:11 pm

Bit of a story here... I am editing in 4K on a late 2015 5k imac. 16gb Ram/Graphics Card - AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB/4 GHz Intel Core i7/3TB storage.
I am editing optimized files. This has never really been a problem. A bit slow sometimes but generally manageable. Plenty of storage and memory available on computer. Libraries are stored externally. Lately a bit of a problem, speed wise, has turned into complete and utter shut down... I initially thought it might have been the ALEX4D adjustment layer I downloaded as most of the problems occurred while trying to add letterbox to the layer. I removed adjustment layer but problem still exists. I deleted preferences but still the same.... And here is the problem... I have been trying to add letterbox effect to adjustment layer(ryan nangle) for the last 2 days. And whats being happening is complete and utter freezing of not just FCPx but the computer also.... forget force quit, nothing works at all. The only way to get out of it is to hold the computer start button till computer shuts down and then restart... I have had to do this at leat 12 times in the last few days up to as many as 20 times. Even the simplest render takes an age if it does'nt completely freeze beforehand. I have not been getting the spinning wheel that much either , mostly the render will just freeze at a given point and stay there.... I recently upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra. Any advice appreciated please keep simple...

Thanking You

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]