APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX - How do you add Notes to a tagged range and not the entire clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ann Marie
Re: FCPX - How do you add Notes to a tagged range and not the entire clip?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 6:39:42 pm

Howzit Mark,

It broke my brain a bit too.

This is what I I ended up doing, it might help you, here goes . . .

I put keywords on the long interview clips in the event (or some still call a bin) to organize. Then I drop those long interview clips into a timeline. I then cut up the long master clips to shorter clips on how I want to have them in separate clips for my documentary. I add a 2 sec handle on the cut clips in the timeline. I select the clip and then do option + G and create a compound clip that I attach a name. Those compound clips end up in the event window. I then put keywords on the compound clips identifying them as a compound clip. It creates another keyword collection to easily work with. When I select the compound clip keyword collection I created I can then quickly add notes to those clips in the event area (bin). The reason I put a 2-second handle on the clips I selected is when you drop them in your timeline for editing you have a little play with the compound clip for a dissolve/transition. If there is no extra media on the clip you have to open the compound clip redo the compound clip creation and add the extra media to do your dissolve/transition.

I can export the list out and it prints out my clips and my notes in how I organized them.

Again, I hope this helps and I absolutely agree with you, this is way harder than it should be to name and add notes to a cut clip from a master clip.

Apple should work on making this way easier!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]