APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX - How do you add Notes to a tagged range and not the entire clip?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ann Marie
Re: FCPX - How do you add Notes to a tagged range and not the entire clip?
on Jan 26, 2018 at 5:50:44 pm

What I originally was asking about, and why I called Apple, is because, for example, like in the project I am currently working on - I have long clips for interviews for a documentary. In these long single clips may be 4 or 5 questions and answers. In the past, I would take the one long clip, blade it up where the questions are and add notes/log notes to each clip in the notes area for the cut clips. Really fast and effective way for me to work, everyone has there own editing style, this one works for me and some other editors I know and they have the same question I have.

In FCPX when you cut one long clip into smaller clips to organize, for example, Q & A, and you add notes the notes you add will then attach to the entire clip; even the cut pieces. So you then have to add another step by then doing keyword ranges to add notes. Bladding does not separate the note information on the clips that are cut. That's what I specifically was asking about. This is what Apple said is not possible at this time.

Thank you again for your help.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]