APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP 10.4 crashing with XDCAM sd cards

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Josh Kaye-Carr
Re: FCP 10.4 crashing with XDCAM sd cards
on Jan 18, 2018 at 7:59:45 pm

Also experiencing this problem in separate MacBook Pro Retinas running different OS versions (High Sierra and Sierra) while running FCPX v10.4. Using Sony EX-1 camcorder and Sony SxS cards. This problem only appears to have started after upgrading to the latest version of FCPX.

FCPX launches as expected but immediately crashes upon insertion of SxS card into Sony reader. Copying the BPAV containerized files over to the external RAID does not help, FCPX now crashes on attempted import of those files. I have not found a workaround yet, so I am completely dead in the water when it comes to importing from the EX-1. I do not see a lot of discussion about this problem and am afraid that it is limited to a small number of users. Any assistance would be most appreciated because if we do not get a solution on workaround soon, we will need to look at alternative editing solutions after using only FCPX. Very discouraging to say the least.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]