APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Hancock
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Jan 3, 2018 at 4:50:10 pm

I definitely sounds like FCPX is adding the glitches during its conversion process.

FCPX doesn't natively support AVCHD files, so by importing them directly from the AVCHD card structure it's doing a conversion to ProRes in the background. There's no way to avoid this if you keep the AVCHD package structure in place. That's why, when you pull the .mts files from the card structure and directly import those, you don't see the glitches. It's the raw file.

Do you have EditReady? If you do, rewrap your footage to .mov, so you can directly import it into FCPX without a transcode, and without having to dive into your package contents. See if the issue is still there. If you don't have it, there's a trial you can download so you can run some tests. You could also use EditReady to transcode your footage to ProRes to see if it's just the conversion to ProRes in general that's causing the issue, or FCPX's conversion in the program.

https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]