APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Ivey
Re: Weird Glitchy Area on my Footage
on Jan 3, 2018 at 4:07:23 pm

[Fabrizio D'Agnano] "It looks to me like it's something a bit different. If you import into FCPX using "Import Media", the glitch will show either if you import straight from the card or from the copy. If you just drag the .mts clip from the place you placed it onto the timeline, it will lag and slow down a lot, but look much better. I don't know exactly what happens inside FCPX, but maybe if you use "Import Media" it will transcode the media, introducing the artifacts (in facts, it will show as a .mov file), while if you drag it it won't transcode. Just a guess.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
"

Thanks for this suggestion Fabrizio - this is the thing that finally worked for me on my 27-inch, Late 2012 iMac!

To expand on Fabrizio's method: Drag the .mts files that make up your raw video from the STREAM folder (YourSDcard>PRIVATE>AVCHD>BDMV>STREAM) directly into the Browser. To open the AVCHD & BDMV folder you have to Control-Click and choose "Show Package Contents."

It takes a while to import and I get the Message "Validating File" for a long time, but it does finally load and then process. After trying this with several .mts files I didn't have any glitches in my video like before when I imported from the "Import" options within the app. So far so good at least.

I'm sure this is a bug from the new version of FCX - I never had it happen with hundreds of imports from SD cards until after this update. It's a frustrating glitch and hopefully they will fix it soon. It seems that all of the problems are coming from Canon users like me. I have a 2010 Mac Pro running High Sierra and FCX.4 and the problem doesn't occur there.

Thanks for the original post and all of the replies.

Rich
Orlando, FL

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]