APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How are import resolution and export resolution related.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Evan Stanfield
How are import resolution and export resolution related.
on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:05:12 pm
Last Edited By Evan Stanfield on Nov 29, 2017 at 8:14:32 pm

Thanks for reading!

About 2 years ago I was digitizing some beta footage into FCP via a kona card. While I was talking with one of the Avid guys he mentioned (or so as I recall) it was better to import in the highest res possible then export to the res you want. As opposed to importing at the res you want, and exporting at the same res.

Fast forward to now. I am getting ready to go into a production and the same question applies (with new tech though). Will filming in 4k, importing in 4k and exporting from FCP at HD look better or the same as filming in HD, importing in HD, and exporting in HD.

This leads me into a question about editing technique. Is there some sort of standard, or loose rule of thumb around how much you can zoom in FCPX before it degrades the quality of the image? For example, could I take footage shot in 1080 could I zoom from a long shot to a mid shot without losing too much definition?

I hope that makes sense, please let me know if I need to clarify anything thanks again!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]