APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Do I need 'Optimized' media?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian Thomas
Re: Do I need 'Optimized' media?
on May 6, 2017 at 12:14:10 pm

Many thanks for all that Joe, much appreciated. It's now clear in my mind that I can stick with my simple workflow provided I have proxy files for my editing. I know from experience that even as few as two or three AVCHD streams will only play properly for a couple of seconds at a time but with those proxy files - wow!

"...but if you ever forget this and switch back to optimized/original..." - I've made this mistake a few times and usually looking at the anticipated file size has been enough for me to correct things. I actually made a feature request to Apple a couple of years ago to include a warning message after Share has been selected while still on Proxy files but little people like me in obscure places obviously don't count. They prefer to concentrate their updates on incredibly obtuse stuff, not what the vast majority of users are likely to come up against. Apart from that everything is fine and dandy!

Thanks again for your comprehensive advice.

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]