APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Do I need 'Optimized' media?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian Thomas
Re: Do I need 'Optimized' media?
on May 6, 2017 at 8:19:41 am

Many thanks for the reply Joe. I do indeed copy the structures to one of my fast G-Drive Thunderbolt disks and, as mentioned, I create Proxy files during the import. I edit these proxies on my top-of-the-range (as it was in Mid 2015) machines with 16GB RAM and I've never noticed any performance issues with as many as seven camcorders plus two external sound recorders. I've been doing this for years with a continuous flow of projects.

Looking at the divergent media web site I couldn't immediately see how it would do things for me that FCPX doesn't do already in one way or the other.

I've lots to learn and things keep cropping up that surprise me while adding to the pleasure of this activity. Perhaps there are issues related to all this lurking out there waiting to bite me and I'd be most grateful if you'd mention what sort of problems I might come up against if I continue with my simple workflow. Many thanks in advance.

1. Copy AVCHD structures to individual directories on HDD
2. Import all and specify create Proxy files.
3. Create Multicam clips as required
4. Editing
5. Change View back to Original
6. Share

FCPX and PPro 6. iMac 24 + MBP 15". Near Geneva, Switzerland

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]