APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: CHALLENGED! Making transition from FCP7 to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Smith
Re: CHALLENGED! Making transition from FCP7 to FCPX
on Mar 25, 2017 at 1:05:20 pm

"Jump in and get it done " can work - but if you are new to the app then knowing some basics is a good thing because without that knowledge I can pretty much guarantee you end up feeling like you're in some sticky web that tries to thwart you at every turn. When I started in X after having used FCP 5,6,7 I though I would just jump in and make something happen and I did- it wasn't pretty. I had to take a step back and get a few concepts rearranged for myself before I could make further progress.
Project have different thresholds of organization required. If you have 3 interview s totalling an hour and some b roll, you might just jump in find your sound bites, and slap them in the ime line as you go, paste b roll add titles and done. Not a lot of need to keyword, favorite tag etc. I routinely deal with projects that have gazillions of hours of potential footage, so if I don't do a solid job of screening & tagging, I'm sunk, going nowhere. Its up to you to figure out where that transition zone between jump in and get it done vs take the time to organize lies for you and your project.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]