APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: CHALLENGED! Making transition from FCP7 to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: CHALLENGED! Making transition from FCP7 to FCPX
on Mar 24, 2017 at 8:15:30 pm

I'd say it's even faster for those that like to just jump in. With skimming in the browser you can look through enormous amounts of footage in seconds. And since the timeline let's you drag stuff about without being destructive you don't need to be so particular about mark in, mark out. X let's you be more creative IN the timeline. You can log something to death. Sometimes a project just needs to get on with it. Things need to be seen in context with each other.

When I first started using X I got all excited with some interviews we shot. I wasn't even half way done with all my logging and rejecting and organizing when my wife (the producer) walked in with a rough cut she had put together in a few minutes by physically cutting up the printed transcript and arranging the responses into a legible storyline. There I was still organizing away diligently with my new toy when a piece of paper and scissors was the better tool.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]