APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: CHALLENGED! Making transition from FCP7 to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Don Smith
Re: CHALLENGED! Making transition from FCP7 to FCPX
on Mar 24, 2017 at 12:31:03 pm

Jerry, Kannan said exactly what I wanted to say and he did it very well. I just want to emphasize a couple of his points. The first is to forget everything you know about NLE's. Every. Thing. The Magnetic Timeline, as Kannan said, will be frustrating at first. Frustrating! You'll do a lot of "WHY does it not do what I expect?" Well, if what you expect is what track-based NLE's do then, yes, you'll pull your hair out. FCPX is a praradigm shift. Paradigm. Shift. It's a different World View that, once you 'get it', you'll never go back. Right now you're a tribal witch doctor trying to heal your sick people. Afterward, you'll be the trained physician butting heads against those who are trying to use FCPX as a track-based editor. But, please persevere. At some point the clouds will part and the sun will shine rays upon you and you'll be enlightened. And, you'll edit faster than you have ever edited in your life. Faster!

You can, if you want, make FCPX slow down and work like a track-based editor. I know people who are working on FCPX but don't invest in actually learning it because they're just using it in a familiar way, but clicking around until they are doing something akin to track-based editing. Please invest in some larn-ning.

RippleTraining.com is, in my opinion (and I have no connection with the company), the best. Not only do i buy every FCPX and Motion tutorial they put out, but they do a weekly free tip called MacBreak Studio. If you go to their YouTube channel to see the catalog of past MBS's and start watching them, you'll be amazed. It's a free insight to magic that is Final Cut Pro X. And, you'll discover Motion. No, it doesn't have the high-end power of After Effects, but it'll do everything that the vast majority of us need and you can easily create your own effects for FCPX that are automatically installed. I've created about a dozen effects for my needs so far.

The biggest benefit of doing RippleTraining.com, aside from the excellent content of the training material, is the way they give you access to your purchased tutorials. They are all online and accessible anytime and anywhere. All this and you can still download your tutorials, unlocked, to your local disk. I rarely have to do that though because wherever I go I can quickly access any of my tutorials and get reminded about a process.

So, forget about what you know and open your mind. You will be rewarded. Do not try to 'click around' to learn because you'll just drift into old habits and conform FCPX into a track-based editor. Learn. Learn. Learn. I study FCPX and Motion every day. Every. Day. - Don Smith, NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]