APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Annoying skimmer action bug

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Morache
Annoying skimmer action bug
on Mar 3, 2017 at 5:09:23 am

I'm getting frustrated with the skimmer jumping off the screen in the browser.

I often deal with long clips - 30 - 60 minutes long.

I want to skim around the clip to find a shot to edit into the timeline, and frequently the skimmer jumps to another part of the clip that's scrolled off the screen.

Try this. Click part of a long clip to place the white playhead onto it, then scroll that part of the long clip off the screen so you're looking at another part of the clip. Don't click on the different part of the clip but skim over any part of the clip now visible in the browser, and if you skim vertically, moving from one line of the filmstrip to another, the browser will suddenly jump back to reveal the part of the clip with the white playhead, instantly scrolling the part of the clip you were just looking at straight off the screen.

It's like the browser keeps wanting to jump back to where the white playhead is. I can click the clip I'm looking at to move the white playhead, but the whole point of the skimmer is so I don't need to click or hit play. This is driving me crazy.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting I'm missing? Is there a workaround? I don't remember this happening in previous versions of FCP, or was it always there?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

---------

Mark Morache
Evening Magazine, Seattle, WA

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]