APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Just making sure: FCPX can take 24p over 60i footage in a 23.98 timeline, convert it, and I don't need to worry about it?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Noam Osband
Just making sure: FCPX can take 24p over 60i footage in a 23.98 timeline, convert it, and I don't need to worry about it?
on Feb 9, 2017 at 12:23:45 am

About two years ago, I posted about using some footage from my Canon XA-10 that was shot in, what the camera calls, PF24. It's 24P over 60i, and Doug Metz at the time wrote, "If you've already got a 24p timeline / project, FCPX will recognize the pulldown and remove it for you. No need for further action. Playback may look a little janky until / unless you render, but probably not, and your output will be fine regardless."

I'm exporting from the project now, and I wanted to make sure, two years and some updates to FCP X, this advice still stands. Do I need to do anything? Play with field dominance at all or just let FCP X work its wonders?

As always, thanks to the folks who answer here. For years now, this website has been an insanely great learning tool.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]