APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Convert or compress mxf files for easier use in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Fred Turner
Re: Convert or compress mxf files for easier use in FCP
on Jan 9, 2017 at 5:50:44 am

[Cherin Bower] "The native mxf files are too large for import to FCP and I don't necessarily want to create proxy media for every clip. I prefer to "copy files to library" on import into FCP so I will end up creating large FCP libraries."

Couldn't you use a sort-of 2-pass approach, where you first "leave media in place" as you add clips to FCP, but create proxy media for each clip as you import; then once you've narrowed down what you want to use, tidy up your library and consolidate the media in it, copying only what you're going to use? I know you say you don't want to create proxy media for every clip, but as long as you're keeping the originals in place, the proxy-only library would only add a fraction of add'l usage relative to the disk space already in use by the originals. Then you can toss the proxies (and links to originals) you don't want once you've had a chance to scrub through everything, hopefully scrubbing w/ much better performance and stability as ProRes Proxy.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]