APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Bugs when making changes to multicam clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Bugs when making changes to multicam clips
on Sep 25, 2016 at 3:59:03 am

I could be wrong, but I'll bet you have made a snapshot of your project at some point. And now you're editing the snapshot. This is precisely why snapshots should not be edited. Creates a mess. Snapshots are set as a standalone version of the timeline with their own compounds and multi cams. They no longer link back to the ones in the browser because, you'd be able to screw up the snapshots by mucking with stuff in the browser. So those compounds and multi cams are hidden, until you hit reveal in browser, because they'd be cluttering up the place needlessly.

Think of snapshots as a backup. A moment in time you can go back to in emergency.

Generally, when i'm versioning my timelines, I send off a copy to the client, then I immediately snapshot it. The snapshot is the backup and I continue working on same timeline and renaming it as v2, v3, etc. When i snapshot it, the v# is baked into the snapshot name as well.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]