APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Roles: got 'em to work.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: Roles: got 'em to work.
on Sep 24, 2011 at 10:12:46 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Import folder as keyword collections (bins) or create empty keyword collections and drop the clips in and they're keyworded.

JKL and use Markers with comments as part of the marker name. Double tap M and add your name/note.

drop in timeline and start cutting.

Your Marker names are visible and searchable in the timeline index"

I'm not trying to exactly duplicate my FCP7 logging workflow, I'm more interested in the parts of FCPX that seem better. I can quickly skim/JKL in the event browser, then hit I and O to set a range and F to mark the range as a favorite. Then using list view, I enter a comment in the notes column. This is a fast and efficient workflow for logging and works great for me. At that point, I would want to move to a more flexible editorial environment to cut.

FCPX doesn't have to be an all-in-one solution to be useful. If there's a clean way to get work out, then it can find a place in many workflows as part of a larger set of tools. Mix and match the tools using just what you need to fit your style and maximize your efficiency.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]