APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Understanding audio waveforms in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: Understanding audio waveforms in FCPX
on Dec 10, 2015 at 1:39:32 pm

I know I'm late to this thread since you're happy but thought I'd add this:

I use P2 cams and they record the external mikes and internal mike as four mono or two stereo which appear in FCP X even though when you play it back from the camera you do not hear the internal mike channels.

But they do play back in FCP X which can save you on occasion but mostly the internal mike channels ruin the sound.

Easy fix:

I know the screen grab only shows two channels but it will display four for P2 footage.

You can now select the configuration and use the check boxes on each channel to deselect the unwanted channels.

So I pretty routinely uncheck channels 3 and 4 (or the 2nd channel of stereo) which are the internal mike tracks.

I can do this clip by clip or select the entire timeline and then do it all at once.

The on-board mike can come in handy for room tone or just a clip with problems with the recorded external mike.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]