APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Multiple audio tracking sync'ing with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oscar Santamaría
Re: Multiple audio tracking sync'ing with FCPX
on Oct 2, 2015 at 4:25:25 pm

I'm aware this is an old thread but I've searching around and have found this is pretty close to the problem I'm experiencing. My clips are made of one video track and 4 mono audio sources, each one of them is roled as boom 1, boom 2, rf 1 and rf2. At he beginning I had this issue of only being able to see in the inspector a mixed channel with all the sources. I could fix this by getting into its own timeline and breaking items apart until they couldn't be broken apart anymore. So, if one of this clips is opened in its own timeline it shows one video track and 4 audio. If I check them in the inspector it shows the same, there are my four mono audio and roles are correctly assign. All fine until I started editing.

Here starts the weird stuff. If I take one of this clips and blade it, or copy/paste it or any kind of manipulation, channels start to get wrong. For example, I usually disable all but boom 1 as I prefer to cut that way. If I copy and paste the clip, next instance of the clip will show that only my first channel it's activated but it plays a different source (for example rf 2, it seems to be pretty random). Even worst, it keeps the name and waveform of boom 1.

Some clips do this and some don't. Can't find a reason to it or a different procedure I did on those. Sometimes they even get wrong if I close and open fcpx.

It's been an enormous nightmare as I'm a cutting a feature film and need to output audio correctly labeled to protools.

Any piece of advice would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]