APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: lock projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: lock projects?
on Jul 22, 2014 at 11:16:53 pm

Use snapshots for versioning and safety.

http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcp-x-create-project-snapshots-video/

The name is automatically titled with the "snapshot" and "date" added. This would be hard to mistake for your current version and FC allows you to reorganize stuff by creating a new event and moving stuff where you want. Maybe an event where you store your snapshots. Leaving only the current one in the event. You can also rename stuff if this isn't doing the trick for you. I could see where edit 3 might get confusing if you don't remember what version you were on or have three very similar looking projects opened at once. Unless you have a particular need i would have one project open at a time. I make mistakes when I'm toggling my brain between six different things.

Sounds like the director is micro managing. It's one thing for her to have creative ideas and feedback. Its her baby. But grabbing an old bit that got changed ... let her just tell you I liked this bit - can we get that back in somehow. There might have been a reason it got edited out even if some of the baby got lost in the wash.

Often we have great moments or lines that just don't work with the sequence and need to be cut even if the moment was great.

When you do need a break from your project - skip the coffee and go do something physical. Get away from the computer and stretch and move.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]