APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Playback performance not perfect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Playback performance not perfect
on Sep 27, 2013 at 9:59:52 pm

[Dave Gage] "Makes sense, but since I only use a MBP and virtually never use external hardware (except to back up), I'd imagine that isn't quite as relative for my situation."

I think it does, because the same thing applies to other electronics within the computer. It's a bit different with a laptop, since you are technically always running off the battery. So there, I'm not sure if it is ever truly off unless you pulled the battery. That's probably overkill. OTOH, it's not recommended to run any laptops constantly with the power adapter plugged in.

[Dave Gage] "In theory, with the newer Lithium laptop batteries you don't need to take it all the way down to 0% and then let it sit over night to completely run down the battery, but I still try to do that once or twice a year for good measure."

That's still recommended Apple procedure. I try to do it once a month, but I have a 5-year old MBP, so it's an older style battery. I definitely don't do that on the iPad, but it's always running on battery.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]