APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Should I create proxy & optimized media?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aoise Tutty
Re: Should I create proxy & optimized media?
on May 29, 2013 at 3:14:19 pm

Thanks so much for your help, i'm a few more days into FCP X now but still coming into trouble. Perhaps a bit of information about my machine first :

2Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeo HD 6490M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
4 Cores

Not sure if there is any other information you might need? I'm also running 10.6.8 but now considering that perhaps I should upgrade to Mountain Lion (Will this help with FCP X performance?)

I've managed to scan through all the rushes of the documentary I'm working on and assign keywords without many issues. However I'm now going back to watch through the interviews in more detail and i'm having problems with playback, there seem to be frames dropping every couple of seconds - I'm not sure what this is to do with - perhaps you could shed some light?

Also I have been working of an external harddrive (2TB) but am now in the process of transferring all the files over to a 4TB harddrive as I think it gives more room for 'manoeuvre' i've literally just copied and pasted the folders from one hardrive to the next... however not sure this was the best thing to do..

As I still haven't created any projects but am just organising rushes, I also wondered what's he best way of duplicating the work I've done without copying full (and large sized) event folders?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]