APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Automatically syncing multiple clips and lots of audio like PluralEyes possible?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Automatically syncing multiple clips and lots of audio like PluralEyes possible?
on May 21, 2013 at 6:40:37 pm

The point here folks is he's not looking to make a multicam clip. He's looking to take all the individual audio clips, and all the video clips, and marry them to their retrospective clips. It's not neccessarily about a multicam shoot. Think like a drama. One camera shoot with one audio guy. Yes, perhaps multicam will sync them all up, but now all your footage is one multicam clip. I think Plural Eyes would be the way to go here. There's a reason people are still using it.

I did once had a whole day 2 camera shoot that consisted of 6 different interviews or so. Lots of stops and starts. We made sure the shot number on the slate syncs up with the file number on the zoom. If a camera false starts, we false start the zoom, etc. Then it's easy to marry up groups of clips for a multicam for each interviewee. So not one long multicam, but 6 different multicam clips. If the audio guy is also the slate op, life becomes easy because he can marry scene and take numbers to the file names of the audio clips. And video clips are easier to identify usually just by a thumbnail.

I suppose if you were marrying zoom audio to hundreds of broll shots, or drama takes, then Plural Eyes would be the ticket.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]