APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Video only transition throws the audio out of sync (when on both ends of same clip)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Gage
Video only transition throws the audio out of sync (when on both ends of same clip)
on Mar 13, 2013 at 11:02:55 am

When I edit out a short portion of a clip and then want a transition between the two new segments, I typically don't want the audio to have a cross-fade in it, so I double-click the audio on both clips and then drag the transition to just the video portion. This works great sometimes. If I use this trick on two ends of the same clip, the first end's audio moves and goes out of sync when I adjust the second.

Is there a better way to do this? Was this bug fixed in 10.0.7 by any chance (assuming it is a bug)?

My workaround is to NOT double-click the audio tracks, but to instead drag out each end of each clip about 2-3 seconds, take the Range tool select these extra 2-3 seconds, drag down the horizontal volume line (whatever that's called) to 0dB and then pull the two ends back to where they were. So now when I add the transition to the intersection of the clips, it makes no difference if the audio gets cross-faded because the volume is zero anyway. This works fine, it's just kind of a pain.

Thanks,
Dave
FCP X 10.0.4

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]