APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: To eSata or not to eSata... (there is a question in there somewhere)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: To eSata or not to eSata... (there is a question in there somewhere)
on Nov 1, 2012 at 1:00:12 am

[Dave Gage] "I think I understand your question, but maybe not. If I take them out of the enclosure, they are obviously identical and Carbon Copy Cloner sees them as the same drive if both are mounted on the desktop simultaneously. If I throw one into the NewerTech Voyager, all is normal with each drive. This particular enclosure will only do RAID, it's not possible to use the drives separately within it (isn't that called JBOD? If it is, it won't do that.)"

I see. So no JBOD.

It sounds kinda shady, Dave. There is no reason the drives should be failing like that, it seems like something is amiss. I looked at the website and it says it comes with SoftRAID. What I don't understand is if it's a hardware or software raid.

I have never used that particular enclosure before but my guess is that FCPX has nothing to do with it. Even if you weren't using FCPX and you started moving files around, it would probably fail.

You shouldn't have to run Disk Warrior that much.

If you put in two brand new drives in that enclosure, what do you have to do?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]