APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: To eSata or not to eSata... (there is a question in there somewhere)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Gage
Re: To eSata or not to eSata... (there is a question in there somewhere)
on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:36:58 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Stop what you're doing any buy the Sonnet PRO express/34.

6Gb version: http://sonnettech.com/product/temposatapro6gbexpresscard34.html"

I only need one port and prior research told me that the speed limitation would be the drives and not the connection. My OWC 2-drive enclosure maxes out at 3Gb. But, I have heard excellent things about the Sonnet cards. It seems like at this point, when I'm ready to upgrade, I should just go directly to TB.

[Jeremy Garchow] "
I don't understand. What do you mean by this?"

The RAID becomes unreadable by the OS and Disk Utility and asks to reformat it when connected. I and MacSales.com thought it was a bad enclosure (although I'm beginning to trust their support less and less). The second time the disk became unreadable, I bought Disk Warrior and gave it a shot. (The first time I took the drives out, reformatted, and copied from a backup). Disk Warrior saw the drive, fixed the directory structure and all data was intact.

[Jeremy Garchow] "How exactly does it get hosed and why is FCPX the culprit?"
I think it may come from a combination of moving events and projects from within FCP X and also using the Finder to move events and projects manually (always on the same drive though as from "Final Cut Events" to "Final Cut Events NOT-USING". The last time it happened I had recently used the Move and Consolidate functions from within the program which crashed the FCP X and forced me to re-boot FCP X and the computer before it would work again.

I assume FCP X is the culprit because the only time this drive is used or connected is when I'm using FCP X. There is nothing else on there but events, projects, and media. A couple of years ago it was the FCP 7 Capture drive, but I never had any problems with it.

Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]