APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: pair corrupted project file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonathan Page
Re: pair corrupted project file
on May 3, 2012 at 11:18:27 pm

And now me..... I've just spent a long day doing a final edit in FCPX 10.0.4, checked it through and exported it to Compressor that came up with the spinning beach ball until I did a forced quit on it after 5 minutes and 'not responding' message. I've tried most things I can think of, though every time FCPX is launched - it crashes when trying to load that particular project. I've gone through all the folders and files in that project and isolated it down to the 'CurrentVersion.fcpproject' file (9.8mb) that's obviously now corrupt and causes the crashes. The trouble is the only other backup files (90kb ea), in the Backup folder, were created 10 hours before - when I duplicated the project at the start of this edit. No other backup files to be found that I can see.
I've copied the Event and project onto a FCPX copy on another Mac and the same happens as above. Regretfully Time Capsule was being used as an emergency back up H/D, due to another external H/D failure, the replacement arrived today and is sitting in it's box...... Oh well.
Does anyone have a magic answer or is it a rebuild edit from memory and an a grovel to the client?
Thanks in advance, Jonathan.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]