APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: pair corrupted project file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: pair corrupted project file
on Apr 26, 2012 at 6:59:26 pm

If you're in a shared storage or multi-user environ with critical work on the line, then backups obviously need to be managed very carefully.

For the single seat user, just slap a drive on the system and let Time Machine mirror the state of your Event and Project libraries on a regular basis. Done.

Personally, I haven't lost a single project in nearly a year of working with X and that one was in V1.2 and I was able to recover my TimeMachine clean copy and go back to work in about 10 minutes.

There's a"Nancy Grace" syndrome at work here, I think. Kidnappings have always happened. But for decades, they were perceived as rare and distant. Now they're on TV persistently with essentially TV shows who's ratings sink and swim with the broadcast of that kind of content so there's a heightened sense that it's a much more real possibility than it really is for those not in the general class of custody disputes and other risk factors.

When you hear a few isolated examples of bad stuff happening - just note it, maybe take some action if it's not too expensive or troublesome - and move along.

Only when these boards fill up with large swaths of crash reports or problems - is it time to worry, IMO.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]