APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Repair corrupted project file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Sanders
Re: Repair corrupted project file
on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:28:16 am

Is it me or is anyone else getting seriously worried about the "Fragility" of FCP X projects?

It's something that really bothers me, the autosaves to the same directory and only when you've saved something and no option to save to another disk/folder.

It's down to the fundamentally disastrous way Apple have decided to separate Events and Projects.

There's a very obvious fix: Take the sharing and render files out of the project files.

Render files can - by default with maybe an option in prefs. - go on the same disk as the Event. That would mean Project files could then live on the system drive and get backed up by usual back up means.

And as for exports/sharing: Well ask us where to put them! Its a hangover from iMovie and pro's really don't need to be hand held with this stuff.

Make projects a filetype not a folder.

Give us back autosave to another location.

I regularly shoot and edit projects that are time critical (be it broadcast news or up to wire financial corporates) and to be honest not having the safety net makes me shy away from using X on these projects.

If I can't be up and running again in minutes from a hard drive crash or project corruption I'm not happy.

It's a pity because the irony is for most of those projects X would be much quicker than 7 but I can't risk it.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]