APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why FCPX?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

andy patterson
Re: Why FCPX?
on Oct 10, 2017 at 12:59:57 am

[Bill Davis] "And (and this is my opinion only) if you are constantly switching back and forth between X and Non-X editing - your thinking will adapt much more slowly. NOT because the editor won’t adapt to the buttons or processes well enough. Good editors are plenty skilled at that. It’s because the soft skills of X editing - keyword strategic thinking - case specific thinking about stuff like when it’s best to use Snapshots verses Auditions - how to structure Roles vast exports for efficiency - THOSE skills are typically refined for X editors via constant trial and revision."

Did you ever think Premiere Pro might actually be more capable than you think? You say people struggle with X. Do you have proof of that? In the video below I see someone struggling with Premiere Pro to the point where it should make you cringe but I think you liked the video. I know several FCPX users have posted the video in this forum because they thought it was a good demonstration. I proved that to be incorrect. A lot of people may not know how to use X with 100% efficiency but a lot of people don't know how to use Premiere Pro and Avid with 100% efficiency. When you do become 100% efficient with all three NLE you will realize they all work just fine. Each will have unique features that the other ones lacks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]